Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Your man at Malvern reporting

Wow what a show. If anything i'd say the standard is even better than at Harrogate last weekend. Indeed, Ian Simpsons Harrogate tap root winning long carrots took 1st place proving that you can use your roots on more than one weekend.

They beat Dave Thornton's long carrots into 2nd, and no doubt he'll blame me as I staged all his veg for him. I have to say.....never again! Quite how I got all our veg to Malvern intact i'll never know as my car has never been so rammed. His onions were balancing on my cabbages, our celery on my leeks and so on. And because I was loading the car til 3am I got to the Showground a bit late to stage things properly. In the end I was running around doing last minute adjustments which is never a good thing.

I wasn't expecting anything but I did get a few tickets, most pleasing being a 3rd in the potato collection. Not bad for a wooden spooner I reckon!

2 comments:

rayden said...

well done simon, what else did you win with?

Anonymous said...

Bob said Ian's carrots did look amazing and as you say, especially as they were a week old having shown them the week before.
He was also pleased to get a 3rd in Ian and Dave's company