Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

They know their onions

I've got to mention again Paul and Dan's efforts at Harrogate. They say that Northern and Midland branches are the hardest to win tickets at (I reckon the scots will have something to say about that....see next post) but they both managed it this weekend.

Paul is only in his second year of showing and is already churning out quality stuff as can be seen with his 250g onions whick took 4th in a large class.

And i've been trying to convince Dan for a while that his onions deserve to be given a better forum than local shows. I was vindicated as he took 2nd in the 1kg to 1.5kg class.

For me the 6x1 class was all about getting them to exhibit at a higher level and I achieved that. And the 20 quid will come in handy......it means I can probably pay Dave Thornton as he increased his lead substantially!

3 comments:

Richard W. said...

Well, guys, didn't you do well! It's been great fun following your progress and produced shed loads of laughs.

Roll on next year!

David said...

Absolutely. It’s broken the mind numbing boredom of work on many a day! They are stonking onions as well.

Unknown said...

Cheers Simon I will be back next year now I have an idea of what I need to do to get a Red card I will be growing with this in mind I am already planning