Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Slow down you lot!

It would appear that some of my 'disciples' are getting better at this showing lark than I am. Following on from Dan and Paul's successes at Harrogate I must add my congratulations to Ray Ingram who won shallots at Malvern, beating a very miserable Dave Thornton into 3rd place. As I'd staged Dave's shallots in his absence whilst he was out enjoying himself, in the wee small hours, very, very tired having had no sleep at all it didn't stop me from getting the blame for his failure. All I can say is I did one better than at Harrogate where he only came 4th having staged them himself the ungrateful fuckwit. Anyways....well done Ray and hard lines on the trug. I thought we were going to be out of the cards this year when I saw your's and Denise's effort.




Also, well done to Marcus Powell for winning the marrow class with Bush Baby on his first ever Branch show. They were a superbly well matched pair and fairly obvious winners in the end. He has now been bitten by the bug and i'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of him in future.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen a nice large firm pair like that for many years
Well done Marcus and Ray/Den for their success at Malvern

Marcus said...

Thanks Simon/Darren, raring to go for next year now :-) Dont know what i'm letting myself in for or whether i'll be able to do it, but do you fancy a side bet on the Millenium Class next year Simon???

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Aye go on then...five quid in......most points wins ?

Marcus said...

Sounds good Simon, looking forward to the challenge. I will be staying over next year, so we'll have to have a beer or two aswell.

rayden said...

thanks Simon I will try harder with the trug next year, yours looked very fresh with that nice lettuce, really showed the rest of the veg off to near perfection, if it had been perfection you would have won!!

Unknown said...

Ill have a go at the millenium for 5 quid

Marcus said...

The more the merrier Paul :-)