Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bushed

Probably too much information but i'm currently soaking in a beautiful roll top bath in our very pleasant victorian b&b after an afternoon spent fast asleep. This through the night staging lark sure does take it out of you.

Pick of my results was 2nd in the cherry tomato class, a result that owes much to having a wife with a good eye. I grow Sungold and whilst this is the tastiest cherry tomato i've never seen it in the tickets so i've always made up the numbers with it. I handed Leesa a bowl of fruits that i'd picked in the dark at 2 o'clock this morning and said 'pick me 12 out of that lot and stage them for me'. I really couldn't have done a better job. She can come again!

However, we could still only make our perennial 3rd place in the trug class despite a different design to usual.

6 comments:

Dan said...

Well done Leesa with your 2nd and 3rd places !
How did Simon get on with his own exhibits ?

Richard W. said...

That's one mother f***er of a trug.

Lovely set of 'Sungold'.

And to cap it all, Simon's had a bath. Not a pretty sight, I'll wager!

Great result, Leesa.

Unknown said...

Well done Leesa what you spending your winnings on? Did Simon win anything?

Anonymous said...

Well Done Leesa - really good to meet you too. Fantastic trug - I thought the arrangement deserved
1st place - it was the veg in it that took it down to third!

Helen

Anonymous said...

That was a brave decision to go with Sungold--never seen it exhibited before--which variety took first place?.

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

To be honest I don't know what variety won it...I was so shocked with the 2nd place ticket I didn't look.