Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

79.5

In a forecast that bodes well for my judges exam at the beginning of October I said I'd get 75-80 points!

My parsnip scored 15 points which was actually the highest scoring out of all the collection parsnips, so I know I can compete at the highest level with them. If only i'd been able to guarantee three with no canker then who knows, but I did spot some damage on most of the entries benched at Harrogate. I need to get more 'meat' on my carrots although they were nice and clean. My leek scored 14 so I was pretty chuffed with that too.

So, i'm 20 quid richer tonight. I did think about foregoing the wager but then I remembered all those heightist jokes and I thought 'fuck 'em!'

4 comments:

Richard W. said...

Well done, Smiff. A cracking set.

Tales of Plot 39 said...

Nice work fella.

David said...

Well done Smithy, what can I say, its all in the surname! lol

I went through some of your older posts yesterday and couldn't find the name of the long carrots you grew. Any chance of a recap of the names of the set you put out. Also, how does the celery fair for eating. Always looks better due to the pink blush but mine would be for scoffing!

Cheers

Dave (Smith)

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Dave

Long carrots will ALWAYS be New Red Intermediate. There's no other long carrot available for showing really.

As for the celery I wouldn't have a clue as I don't eat it. In fact there aren't many veg that I eat if I can avoid it as I'm a meat man.....no gay comments please Unsworth!