Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Week old carrots win again.


At last week's Littleover show I did something I don't normally do, which is I exhibited these winning Sweet Candle stumpers that won best in show at Sutton Bonington the week before. In the past I've pretty much always pulled new carrots and parsnips for each show but these were just so good I decided to see if I could store them as I was running short on carrots. I wrapped each one in dry kitchen towel and then wrapped them in cloth towels and stored them in a fridge.
Come the following Saturday they won the carrot class at Littleover also and hadn't lost too much of their previous good condition. Unfortunately, our camera didn't have a battery in so I couldn't take a photo but it's certainly something I shall be doing in future if I have a particularly good set.

No comments: