Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Top Tray successes




I’ve won 4 out of the 6 ‘Top Tray’s’ that I’ve entered this season and one of the reasons is that I’ve been able to exhibit some bigger onions because of a relaxation in one of the rules around here. It used to be that onion rings/supports/stands were not allowed to be used which meant that people were reluctant to show their onions in this class as they were prone to rolling about on the board and therefore getting damaged…..especially if the benches weren’t level. However, on both the show committees I’m involved with we have allowed small, discrete supports to be utilised which meant I could display these onions at Sutton Bonington without fear them coming to any harm.

I staged these same onions at Littleover last week with carrots and tomatoes and a woman came up to me and said she thought they were stunning. She really needs to get out more!

No comments: