Search This Blog

Monday, September 08, 2008

Sutton Bonington 2008






















The show was almost cancelled as the rain fell and no-one knew whether the field would survive the traffic of the exhibitors’ vehicles but everyone decided to press on with some Dunkirk spirit! I thought I was being ambitious with 45 entries but a fellow competitor Polly Gibb put in over 70 and duly walked away with the Society Cup for most points in show. Whilst I won 16 ‘red cards’, more than most years, she managed many more 2nd’s and 3rd’s than me and deserved to win the cup. However, my Sweet Candle stumpers certainly impressed the judges to win Best Veg in Show and I also won Best Dahlias with a vase of Kenora Sunset that didn’t look too brilliant the night before but opened out quite a lot in the warmth of my living room !

Happily, the actual day of the Show (Sunday….staging was Saturday) wasn’t too bad weather wise and over 2000 people visited.

No comments: