Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Dahlias blooming at last



I won two classes at Sutton Bonington after being able to cut my first blooms of the season. I only grow 20 or so plants, 8 each of Jomanda and Kenora Sunset and a few more of Emma's Coronet that is only just starting to colour up.
The vase of Kenora Sunset won best dahlias in show after opening up overnight in my living room. I'm hoping to have plenty more flowers ready for this weekend's shows at Littleover and Sileby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dahlias look great. i am struggling with the attrocious weather but hope to show against you at littleover.by the way was that your twin brother simon patel pictured in garden news or had you been feeding yourself too much fake tan

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Cheeky bleeder!

That was a bona fide tan, well earned and paid for by 12 months of hard work! LOL

I should have a few blooms for Littleover but not in competition against you Kev....I only enter there in the Grange Collection for a vase of flowers and 3 lots of veg.

See you at the show.

Regards
Simon