Search This Blog

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Seagrave and Sutton Bonington in the rain, rain, rain!




What an absolute stinker of a weekend weather wise. I've never known a weekend like it for persistent downpours whilst I've been lifting and preparing my veg and flowers, to the extent that it had started to become too much like hard work.
Due to an early August Bank Holiday both Seagrave and Sutton Bonington Shows fell on the same weekend which meant a crazy amount of hard work accomodating the two shows I'm most involved with. However, I still managed to pick up 23 red cards and 4 trophies although I did lose the Society Cup at Sutton Bonington for the first time in 8 years! However, trophies for the best dahlia (Kenora Sunset) and best veg (Sweet Candle) did compensate somewhat.
Full report in the next few days.......right now I need sleeeeeeep!

No comments: