Search This Blog

Friday, September 12, 2008

Another busy weekend

I've just got back from staging at Littleover in Derby where I put in 24 entries. It's a lovely little show with very high quality exhibits so any cards here are well earned, especially in the dahlias that are as good as you'll see anywhere. The problem with staging on a Friday night is that you cannot make last minute alterations once you've been able to assess the opposition......for instance moving carrots from the main class onto your Top Tray if you feel they'd have a better chance there, but it's a chance I have to take. My thanks to Brian Eagers for waiting for me to finish and for the coffee!

I'm now just waiting for my Victoria sandwich to cook in the oven for the 'men only' class at Sileby tomorrow (it's a long story!). I'll need to be up early to get some more parsnips and carrots up and washed, as well as a pair of leeks. I also have some corking Kenora Sunset picked and safely stored out of this bloody rain! It's going to be another busy day! And thanks to talking to you lot I've only just remembered my Vickie sandwich....tis a bit scorched around the edges but a bit of icing sugar should mask that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victoria Sandwich !!!

Are you thinking of making a TV series on the back of it ?

The Hairreceding Bakers perhaps ?

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

B*ll*cks!

LOL