Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sweet Candle again!


For some reason I didn’t take a picture of the winning stumps at the Midland NVS Championships at Malvern so it’s given me a good excuse to show my best in show set from Sutton Bonington.

Needless to say that Sweet Candle was everywhere (except for Dave Thornton’s Gringo in 3rd). The thing that struck me was the huge variation in size. Some exhibitors managed to get them well over 12” long whilst the norm was 8” or so. Sweet Candle also won all the cards in the separate Malvern Championships and was prominent in most of the collections so it would appear that most people are growing it.

Whilst I was at Malvern I took the opportunity to purchase a packet of Sweet Candle from Medwyn’s stand. I didn’t want to risk being without it next season!

No comments: