Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The usual grief........!

I sowed the seeds back in the Winter and Spring. I pricked out the seedlings and nurtured them as they grew, keeping them warm in my greenhouses as the wind and rain howled outside. I planted them when the time was right. I tended them throughout the summer and into the early autumn, braving rain showers, hail, earth wind and fire, and protected them from all manner of foes with tender loving care and a few sprays until at last it was time to harvest them for the first shows.

Then my wife came along and spent about an hour (tops!) preparing this winning trug in the warmth and comfort of our kitchen, and the first paragraph of this posting might as well not have happened for all the grief I get for having the gall to put my name on the ticket! She does make a damned fine job of it though.....and on our wedding anniversary weekend to boot.....thanks darling! xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that I had to get up at 6.30am on a Sunday morning to do this!

kev broxholme said...

about time your good lady got the recognition she so richly deserves.

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

You bleeding creep Broxholme!