Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Littleover 2009

Every card won at this superb little show is well earned and for the first time ever here I managed to win best veg in show for a dish of 5 kestrel spuds.





I also picked up the cup dedicated to the one flower/one veg class. Again, this is always a well contested class and when I walked away from staging I didn't think I had a chance. Upon closer critical inspection you spot certain imperfections in other exhibitors blooms and veg so it's always worth having a go as long as you choose two specimens as near perfection as you can get. My Mary's Jomanda was clean and nicely rounded and my Pinnacle parsnip was free of canker.






Leesa also picked up a cup (2nd year running!) for best in photography as well as a 2nd place in the savoury flan section. Many thanks to Linda Wlodarczak for the recipe!



3 comments:

kev broxholme said...

so you win a trophy and we get a photo of you. leesa wins a trophy and gets a 2nd and all we get is a photo of a flan. i know what photo i wud rather see and its not you or the flan!
again congratulations on your successes.

Anonymous said...

how do you get James Nesbitt to stand in the photos for you

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Who's he then? Handsome f*cker I'm guessing?