Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Lucky horseshoe?

Had a day off from showing yesterday and did the Snowdon Horseshoe......an 8 mile diarrhoea inducing scramble and walk across a 3000' skyline ridge taking in Crib Goch, Garnedd Ugain, Snowdon and Y Lliwedd. Every muscle in my body is aching today. Hopefully, it''ll bring me some good luck at the Malvern Show this weekend. I'm feeling nervous already.

Here I am having completed the horeshoe, with Crib Goch behind me.


And here is the view back to the highest part of Crib Goch. This picture doesn't do it justice really.....in places it's a foot wide and you have to hop down onto the side of the mountain and use the top of the ridge as a sort of handrail.....whilst trying to ignore the 1000'+ drop beneath your feet.


This is the view from the end of the ridge.....look carefully and you can see people on the LH side about to start the traverse. I must have been f***ing mad!


No comments: