Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2009

Back by popular demand



It seems my wife is getting more popular than me on this website, so here is her latest effort at arranging MY VEG in a winning trug at the recent Sutton Bonington Show. I've entered this class at Malvern so I shall have to be providing her with some of my best stuff to weave her magic next Friday night. Staging is overnight which is something I've never experienced before so I guess I'll set off around 11pm for the 90 mile drive and start staging around 4a.m.-ish after a kip in the car. After seeing how my miserable entries have fared with the judges I think I'll walk the whole Malvern ridge before heading home and going back again on the Sunday (exhibitors get free passes!).

1 comment:

kev broxholme said...

hooray. another look at the winning trug and and the delightful leesa.
good luck at malvern.
i have just had my 2nd adventure at harrogate.like you i set off from derby at midnight and arrived at 2am. staged till 6am and then an hrs kip in car b4 having a wash and breakfast looking at some of the other tents before being able to view the results in the dahlia tent. dissappointingly it was a nil return after my success in the novice classes 2 years ago. but it was an experience not to be missed and one i will be ready to tackle again next year. normality returned today when i gained 3 firsts at chesterfields show.
best wishes. kev