Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sileby 2009

13 red cards here but still not enough for most points in show yet again, that honour going to my flower arranging pal Gary Price (with not insubstantial help from his wife Margaret). This show is really going from strength to strength with good support from the local community, so there are no longer what I used to call 'cheap wins' anymore. All classes were pretty well contested and I had to put good stuff in to come out on top. Special mention to Melvyn Hoyes and Steph Green for all their hard work. Mel looked shattered last night but then he is 89!


Pick of my entries was my vase of 3 dec dahlias 'Emma's Coronet' which picked up best floral exhibit.





I also won the 5 ball class for these Mary's Jomanda.





And on another day of spudtastic success I won with these 3 Kestrel also.

2 comments:

kev broxholme said...

congratulations.
you're dahlia exhibits look great.
you must let me know where you obtained your stock from!

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

I got a new supplier this season....Lottery Dahlias of Camelot!