Search This Blog

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Burying my sorrows in Dawn!

I shall try and take my mind off the spud disaster today by popping up the allotment to see how Dawn is getting on. You should start to see daily differences to the size of your pumpkin now.

And if you thought my pumpkin Heidi last year was big (262lbs) take a look at how Simon (cool name!) McMinnis's is getting on by clicking on his grower's diary below. Growing in a polytunnel helps admittedly, but 400+lbs already is still going some.


http://www.bigpumpkins.com/Diary/DiaryView.asp?season=2010&grower=51148&action=L

3 comments:

ciderman said...

Where did i go wrong!
last year i said the race was on for the first card at Malvern.So i spent the winter and spring planning and upped my game.What do i have? blossom end rot,heart rot,black, white, green fly, leek moth,carrots gone to seed,scabby spuds,beetroot the size of footballs ect ect ect.Maybe Malvern is a step to far.

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Mark....that's a great shame but don't let it get you down buddy. Are you visiting Malvern this year?

ciderman said...

Yes i will be at Malvern,but only as a visitor unless my sweet candle are as good as last year.Every one seems to be growing them well this year.
I am not down,i love this will it wont it pre-show month.
i will definately be at Shepton Mallet to take on Mark (axa).