Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Up a gum tree

I mean business with onions next season. I shall be installing a new greenhouse in which to grow some in large pots but before that I needed to make sure I could provide it with as much light as possible. With that in mind I had to fell three trees that made my intended location for the new glasshouse quite shady, including this 50' eucalyptus. It was also leaning over next door's property quite a bit as the miserable titwitch who lives next door never ceased to remind me. So I was recently to be found thus, topping out said tree before a pal chainsawed it down to ground level. Health & Safety would have shite their trollies!

4 comments:

Ronnie Corbett said...

If that tree is 50' then you must be 8 feet tall judging by the photo.

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Camera angles dear boy! Photo taken from top of garden that is a few feet higher. Plus i'd already cut the top 12' off by the time it was taken.

Now tell us a fucking joke!

Unknown said...

Is that a bonsai tree that the umpa lumpas are climbing?

Unknown said...

no comment then