Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Things I have learned in Scotland this week

1) It is sometimes NOT misty on the mountain tops. I had an absolutely glorious walk up Beinn Ime today, walking via the high pass alongside the craggy 'Cobbler' which I shall save for another day.....and when I feel brave enough to go through 'the eye of the needle' (look it up!).
2) Sea otters are thriving. I saw a pair of them yesterday and it was a superb sight.
3) Scotland has the funniest sitcom on TV. Why do we not get 'Still Game' in England? Imagine 'Last of the Summer Wine' set in Glasgow....but funny. Hilarious. Brother bought me series one on DVD.

Back home to Blighty and Oscar tomorrow :o)

3 comments:

Dan said...

Just to let you know you can watch Still Game on BBC1 Scotland on Ch 971 on Sky.
Ya wee daft buftie !!

Dave Mercer said...

Glad you had a good day today Simon - as for the "eye" - it's no bother, just don't think about what you're doing !! It's no better or worse than the "Adam & Eve" leap on Tryfan.

Anonymous said...

So you haven't missed the rest of us then?!