Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Today has been a good day....

.......for a 12mile walk across boggy peat in the rain. We decided not to attempt the whole 18 miles round Kinder Scout but a shortened version ending up here on Mam Tor with the line of Kinder silhouetted in the background to prove how crap the weather was. My 400quid investment in waterproof clothing proved to be a good one.

On the way home I caught the last 10 minutes of Man Utd's win on the car radio. I, of course, correctly predicted our thrashing of Liverpool 3-0, although we did give Stevie Gaylord two goals to stop the scousers crying. Therefore, my celery Redstar can remain in the ground rather than my chocolate starfish.

This week I will be preparing my veg for the biggest show I shall enter this season, Malvern. I have a bed of 24 Sweet Candle to pull and I just hope they aren't all forked like my first bed was. I know I have no chance of winning (just like Liverpool) but I just want to table some exhibits that don't look out of place in such high company. At least I have a pint to look forward to from two 'pool fans, Ian Taylor and Mark the Ciderman. Pay up boys! (errr, we did have a bet going didn't we? LOL)

4 comments:

Dan said...

Thank f@ck for Berbatov !! I really didn't want to witness a stick of Timperley Early emerging from your Rusty Bullet Hole !!!!!! that'd have put me off rhubarb crumble forever.

Dene Wood said...

His second was sublime, a display of genius not witnessed since Cantona stutted the turves of old trafford.

JBA seed potatoes said...

Smithy do you realise that it cost you £33.33 to keep dry for every mile that you walked.
I would just have waited for a dry day!!!

Liverpool were very poor. Even Rangers got a point from Old Trafford.

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Dan....when did I ever mention rhubarb?

Dene....that shot could have gone anywhere....and it usually does with Berbatov lol

Iain....T'is a long term investment....nowt worse than soggy ballbags. Made a nice change to be able to sit in the pub afterwards bone dry and watch other walkers come in who resembled drowned rats. And I cannot wait toput Rangers in their proper place at Ibrox.