Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Countdown to Malvern 2010

Today I posted off my entries for Malvern, 10 in the NVS Midland Championships and 11 in the Malvern Championships. Last year I did brilliantly, coming in equal 5th position with every entry I put in.

Once again I don't expect to get in the tickets but am merely using the experience to gain valuable knowledge going forward. Hopefully I can harangue a few of the major growers for some tips whilst I am there.

We shall be traveling down on the Friday night and staging around 4am Saturday morning. Then it will an early morning walk in the Worcestershire sunshine (hopefully) along the Malvern ridge before going back to the showground to see the results. On the Saturday night we're booked in at the Great Malvern Hotel so if anyone wants to buy me a pint and get me pissed you know where we'll be.

7 comments:

Ciderman said...

See you there Smithy,
I have also entered (3 classes only).Already regretting it,i think i used my best crops at Shepton Mallet.

mistyhorizon2003 said...

Exciting stuff, what date is the show?

Richard W. said...

So, it only takes a single pint to get you pissed.

Dan, what do you make of that?

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Mark,

See you there. You stillsupporting that sack of scouseshite?

Misty,
25th and 26th Sept. A grand day out. Everything you could possibly need for the garden.

Richard,
In the Midlands we have pints of proper beer that can put hairs on your chest.

mistyhorizon2003 said...

So wish I could be there, but flights from Guernsey expensive and until I eventually move to the UK with the hubby in the next 20 years or so, doubt I will be able to attend, (much to my regret).

Richard W. said...

Simon

Apparently, hair on the chest is normal for the residents of Loughborough, and often seen on those who's knuckles touch the ground from birth.

Your local brews of 'Strawberry Daiquiri' and 'Kelsey's Arse' are not normally classed as beers in the civilised world, i.e. south of Watford - and north of Sheffield, for the purposes of this post).

Unknown said...

Got your copy of Zoo yet?