Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Hathern exhibits




Didn't put too many entries in at Hathern this year as I was trying to make a bit of point (eeeeee I seem to be single handedly taking on the World at the moment don't I? LOL) but still managed to come away with three trophies for best carrots, tomatoes and pot plant (for a standard fuchsia).
I did manage to beat our friend Wendy at tomatoes for the second year running, which is the single most important class to win in terms of avoiding 12 months of ridicule from her hubby Graham. And if I'd entered my leeks here instead of Moorgreen I'm sure they'd have won 'best veg in show' but that's the chance you take. Do I want to be a small fish in a big pond or a big fish in a small pond in future? Trouble is, if I don't put my stuff in at places like this there doesn't appear to be many other growers in the area and the shows will die....especially if the organisers don't help themselves by forgetting to send previous exhibitors a schedule or by getting the schedule completely wrong in places!

No comments: