Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2007

A day off from veg !


Decided to have a day off from tending the veg on Saturday and have a nice stress-free stroll up Snowdon in North Wales.....some hope!
Got up at 4 a.m. to drive the 150 miles to Pen-y-Pass, and started climbing at 8am in driving rain that never relented all day. By the time we reached the summit at 10.15 I was soaked through to the skin so we didn't linger to take in the non-existent views. I was looking forward to changing into some dry clothes at the bottom but they too had got completely soaked in my rucksack.....waterproof my ass!
And to round the day off perfectly my mate cut my bleedin head off when he took the above pic of me (honest) on the summit.
But know what? Twas a cracking day and I can't wait to go through it all again!

No comments: