Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Should Garden News be paying me royalties?

You may remember a couple of weeks ago I wrote about the lottery winner who couldn’t grow carrots and lo and behold the next week the story appeared in Garden News?

Well, last week I wrote about rude shaped vegetables, and you can probably imagine my surprise when I read in GN this week that they are appealing for any photos of knob, tit or fanny shaped veggies that you might have. Ok…I admit they didn’t quite word it that way but we all know what they mean!

Now, surely this cannot be a coincidence …can it? If it is it’s getting decidedly spooky. I wonder perhaps if the editor of GN is a closet Smithyveg reader? Or more likely I just have my finger on the pulse of today’s important horticultural issues?

With that in mind this week I intend to address the great talking point in horticulture at the moment. It literally is the subject on everyone’s lips. What is the best way to display the classic English rose……vase or arse crack?






10 comments:

Dan said...

Wonderful !

Is that perhaps the variety Rosa Grandifloria Floribunda Husband in Wife's knickers Skidmarkia ?

Anonymous said...

When did you do that!!! Are they the roses that are now in a vase on my table?!!

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

They might be!

paul. w said...

nice rose shame about the crack in your vase...

Heather said...

Dad!! It's not even dark!! Those poor spaniels next door!

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Does my arse look bothered?

kev broxholme said...

did you get leesa to stage the exhibits for you?

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

All my own work! I'm now thinking of offering myself up for that Channel 4 Life Class programme! LOL

kev broxholme said...

i think greater things await you. Have you considered applying for your 1 hour on the plinth at trafalgar square.

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Are you mad man? There'd be a riot....all those women trying to climb up and cop a feel!