Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Reasons to be cheerful

Things that have gone wrong this past week.....

Spuds suffering through lack of water. Despite staking the foliage is flopping about all over the place

Some parsnips leaves have inexplicably snapped off. It hadn’t been windy…..next door’s football perhaps?

I’ve lost some of my onion sets Red Baron and Setton to white rot.

I’ve got caterpillars crawling all over my brassicas.

Aphids are on everything…..literally. I even found some on my bollocks!

My long carrots are shite.

I’ve lost more Sweet Candle stumps to some wilting disease.

My ‘large’ onions are smaller than my 8oz onions.

I snapped the top off one of my Cederico tomatoes whilst trying to train it horizontally to increase the yield. This obviously isn’t a good idea. I am an arsehole.

My peas already have flowers on them. I don’t want flowers on them yet!

My beetroot germination has been very patchy.

At my allotment in Sileby the owner ploughed through some seed beds with a rotavator!

Something is eating my peppers ....probably a large caterpillar judging by the size of the droppings .....but I cannot find it

But for some strange reason none of these problems get me down.

2 comments:

kev broxholme said...

and your dahlias?

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Bootiful mate.....juuuust bootiful!