Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First red cards bagged?


Seems a bit big-headed I know but I harvested the rest of my shallots tonight and I have some real stonkers. I have 50 or so at about 2" diameter and they're all nice and round with no signs of any going out of shape. I won all my local shows last year but my shallots then were nowhere near as good as these. As long as they don't rot in store (which can happen....I'm bound to lose a few) then I feel confident I shall have 5 or 6 wins at local level. Whether they go on to be good enough to compete at a higher level only time will tell......but I'm quite happy about putting them up there come September at Malvern, and October at Westminster.
And before there are any smart comments....that isn't a strange hat i'm wearing...it's merely a cooker hood!!!

3 comments:

Richard W. said...

Strange hat? What's strange about it?

The worrying thing is that it actually suits you!

Dene Wood said...

Im a little more worried about how youv'e got your pinkie stuck out, do you have lime in your lager Simon by any chance?

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Don't drink lager Dene....it's a noncy drink for poncy southerners and the odd gay yorkshireman!