Search This Blog

Sunday, January 03, 2010

I sowed the first of my onions today.......

...........a single seed in each compartment of a 20-cell tray to see if there's any advantage by way of not having to prick out and pot on as you would normally do. I did some Vento for the 8oz class and some large onion seed given to me by a top Scottish grower.

I don't have artificial lighting or the like and for now they'll have to survive on my kitchen windowsill until they are growing away strongly. These first batches are always a bit hit and miss I find without bottom heat but I was impatient and wanted to get something sown to take my mind off Man U getting knocked out of the FA Cup by the Yorkshire scumbags. Wes Brown and Danny Welbeck you are an utter disgrace!














Only other things on the go are my shallots potted up in the cold greenhouse. Not much happening here as it has been -3C the last few nights since I did them. As soon as the weather improves these will motor away however.


And if any of you are thinking you're way behind schedule then as you can see from the utter bomb-blast that is my garden......I have an awful lot of work to do too!

No comments: