Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wish my onions were this big!

I've scrapped my brussel plants tonight and resown some more seed. It really wasn't worth trying to salvage such pathetic looking specimens.

4 of my long carrots are through (44 to go!) and I sowed another 28 'stations' of Sweet Candle stump carrot.

One crop that is doing well (obviously doesn't mind being drenched in bleach) are my shallots, especially the 12 given to me by Dave Thornton. I'm really quite excited about these (I live a sad old life) and can't wait to see if I really do get 4 big ones from each bulb as Dave suggests. He also told me to let the bulb divide of it's own devices naturally rather than helping it by peeling back the outer layers as I have done around this time every year. It certainly suits me as I seem to have less time available this year and it has always been a time-consuming fiddly f*ck of a job.

No comments: