Search This Blog

Sunday, April 05, 2009

A busy weekend.

I managed to get over half my long carrots sorted this weekend.....including 24 in this raised bed. Really, they're far too close for top quality competition but my limited growing space means I really have to pack them in tight. As the carrot foliage is quite willowy I don't think they'll mind too much however, and the tight bore holes mean I should have nice straight specimens.

The mesh frame is to keep those pesky cats off!
















I got another 6 in this upturned dustbin which is mounted onto another 1/2 oil drum filled with sand....again a glass pane keeps the cats off.

















I managed my first planting into the ground today......25 Red Baron onions from sets. I grew this variety last year and was very pleased with them.

















It's been a good day........a very, very good day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Simon (Smithyveg) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.