Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Work is stacking up

Lots or work to do this Easter weekend. My stump carrot bed needs emptying and refilling, ready for sowing. I usually get 50 carrots in this bed.















My 'big' onions are still very small. I bought these plants from someone who advertises in Garden News about 3 weeks ago. He says they can get to 6-8lbs.....mmmm, don't think so!
















These Globemaster cabbages are also smaller than I'd expect them to be. Nothing seems to be growing.















Although my first sowing of Cederico tomatoes are growing fine.
















Pity these Doctor Hugh daffs were not out in time for our Spring Show as they'd have won the bi-colour class. I think they are stunning.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

......finish the front garden, cut the conifer hedge .......

Veg4Show said...

I bought some pot leeks from that guy Mr.Brereton and they were a load of rubbish.

Pity you didnt say, I could have sent you some decent onion plants..I pretty much throw 60 away after I select them down.