Search This Blog

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Dahlia tubers

Last weekend I set my dahlia tubers in shallow trays of compost with the neck well clear so that I can spot the cutting material as and when it appears. Last year my first cuttings weren't taken until well into May even though I bought them into the house for warmth. This year I'm just letting them stay in the greenhouse and whatever will be will just have to be.

The varieties are my usual Jomanda and Kenora Sunset plus a few poms that Kev Broxholme gave me.

2 comments:

kev broxholme said...

if you need any stock i have some tubers with healthy growth as well as some rooted cuttings. i have a couple of new varieties you may be interested in called blyton potatoe and blyton hove albion

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

I may possibly take you up on that one Kev.

Cheers
Simon