Search This Blog

Sunday, October 12, 2008

She wuz robbed!


Totally different subject today! Photography! My wife likes to enter a few photos at the various shows (in fact she has a certificate cos she went on a proper course and is now a bona fide photographist!) and has picked up a few cards in the process including a cup at Littleover.
One thing she keeps coming up against is photos like this that have been digitally enhanced or generally fecked about with! Now I'm no expert but once this happens it isn't a photograph then....is it?
I'm sure I'd soon get disqualified if I painted my carrots bright orange, whitewashed my parsnips or pumped mercury into my pumpkins to make them weigh more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about it.
It seems that the best "Real Photo" never wins anyway as it's just the opinion of the judge.

I entered a few photos this year and never got a place with some crackers of close ups of flowers, only to be beaten every time by some cutesy hideous photo of someones bloody toddler or puppy etc.....

At least if you get beaten by better vegetable you know why,but with subjective stuff it's so bloody annoying.

Put a sticker on the offending photo next year with "Doctored using Photoshop" on it.

LOL..

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Blimey Dan,

I thought I was angry! You have issues! LOL

Still....this post got me some brownie points with the missus!

Regards
Simon