Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Westminster 2012

As I was driving down to London this morning at 2am I was wondering if I wasn't wasting my time. 8 firsts and 240 quid later I'm very glad I made the effort. Pick of the bunch was a win in long carrots and a very competitive tomato class. When I staged my tomatoes (chosen by Leesa I have to admit!) Charlie Maisey said "you've got a good chance with those there boyo".

My long carrots weren't the biggest you'll ever see but they carried their weight well down, were uniform and nice and clean. I even got to have my photo taken by Medwyn. Hope he got my good side!

3 comments:

Richard W. said...

I notice you've omitted Leesa's superb winning trug, which must have been a no-brainer as far as the judge was concerned. I reckon you ought to try one of your own next year.

I'm now actuially going to admit it was good to see you today. Claire said you seemed like a nice little chap and is sending you a couple of razor blades.

Whatever, a superb result.

Dan said...

Well done.
I bet you're glad about the new classes this year.
Baldest Head,no staging or props allowed.
Shortest Exhibitor,backboard permitted max height 1500mm inc. cuban heels.
Trug Class: wives now allowed to enhance shoddy veg by enhanced presentation techniques.
Tomatoes : one dish of 12,beer crate or step ladder allowed for picking.
All jokes aside,well done Leesa !

Paul Macleod said...

well done Simon,,