Search This Blog

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Little things.....

......please little people with little minds. I can't begin to explain how much i'm pleased with this. Within three days of sowing my Vento were popping up in the cell trays where I sowed 2 seeds per compartment. After last year's germination problems due to the coated seeds i'm really glad Medwyn took everyone's concerns on board and insisted on uncoated seeds. Vento is a superb onion and I missed not having it available to show last season.

I'll thin to one in due course as I intend to grow in these trays until the plants are much bigger, rather than pricking out at the crook stage. There are 3 reasons for me doing it this way this year.

1) I am a lazy bastard
2) I am a lazy bastard
and
3) I am a lazy bastard

We're off and running.

1 comment:

ontheplot said...

Simon
I can only look on with envy. Not only do you win at rugby, you also show me how germination should work. I'm on my third sowing of Globo from Medwyn's and only have 12 plants. I'm @i@h at germinating onions.