Search This Blog

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Success at last!

My third sowing of Vento is popping through the compost surface. This was after two previous no-shows, the difference being that this time I broke the little green balls encasing the seed very carefully with a hammer believe it or not. I couldn't actually see any seed once I'd done this so I just threw all the broken bits into a pot and hoped for the best.

I'd already ordered an emergency packet of Tasco from Exhibition Seeds as back-up so one or two of you will realise from that statement just how desperate I had become!

6 comments:

Marcus said...

Well done Simon, i used tweasers to crack mine off. Seemed to work pretty well.

Dan said...

Simon uses Tweezers when he's Cracking one off too !!

mistyhorizon2003 said...

Hysterical LOL

Richard W. said...

Nice one, Dan! LOL!!!

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

You lot should be on the stage....preferably dangling by the neck above a trap door!

Marcus said...

Quality Dan. Didn't realise it read like that. :-)