Search This Blog

Friday, June 19, 2009

What lies beneath?

It's really satisfying this season to see some really healthy looking potato tops. Here I have a couple of rows of Maxine, one Pixie and one Kestrel.
Hopefully, I'll have plenty of good sized tubers swelling in the bags as I've not had any worth exhibiting the past couple of seasons due to blight and incompetence.
I've also got all my labels ready in the garage for each set for the various shows, graded into the order of priority. For instance I've got about 7 dishes that I absolutely must be able to exhibit, another 7 or so that are my 2nd most important dishes and so on....right down to those dishes that I'm not too fussed about....if I have enough tubers I'll sort some for those but they won't be as good as my top sets.
I also have labels marked spare Pixie, spare Kestrel etc. These will be all those tubers that are good but don't quite match up to others so I'll maybe use these in my trugs.

No comments: