Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2009

In the nick of time


I was going to leave my biggest shallots for another few days but you know when you get a feeling and something tells you to look again? Well I did and I noticed some of them had started to get out of shape. They were all fine when I looked on Friday so it does appear to be quite a rapid transformation.
Timing does seem to be a very important factor in show veg so I harvested the whole damn lot and managed to salvage the majority......including these huge 'Longor'. They do have flat edges where they were in contact with their brothers and sisters but Dave Thornton who I now consider to be my vegetable guru and who knows absolutely everything when it comes to show veg (big headed twat) insists that they round up during the drying out process. If that is true then I reckon I could be onto a winner with these and I will consider offering to have his babies.

No comments: