Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2009

First red cards of the season!




Today was the Sutton Bonington Spring Show and I was able to win the class for a vase of 5 yellow daffs. I think I've won this for about the last 5 years actually. The variey is St.Keverne which always seems to be in perfect bloom at around this time. I also won the class for a bunch of grape hyacinths and for a single cactus or succulent.




I'm not sure my daffs were necessarily the best but I always try and make sure they are presented nicely, packing the vase with moss to keep the blooms evenly spaced apart. Other exhibitors tend to just plonk the daffs in a vase and let them flop about, but I once exhibited at a regional daff show so I know a bit about presentation.


However, ours is a fun show and everyone gets to vote for their favourite so it's nothing too serious.....just a way of raising a few funds for the society coffers.

No comments: