Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2009

A bad week

I had 2 solid days in the garden over the weekend doing a variety of jobs. In the past I’ve used gardening as my therapy. I used to do a bit of fishing but found that I would often be sat on the river bank thinking and worrying about work. Whenever I’m gardening my mind is completely devoid of any outside problems and I do find it hugely relaxing despite it often being strenuous. Until this weekend that is.

I had to make redundancies last week and it’s probably the most upsetting thing I’ve ever had to do, especially when you’re laying off friends and colleagues who have done absolutely nothing wrong, except being not quite as good as other workmates. Not even gardening was enough to take my mind off last week’s events.

I hope things start to improve soon because at the moment I’m not looking forward to the next few months sowing, growing and showing.

No comments: