Search This Blog

Friday, August 22, 2008

First two shows this weekend........

...............so I'll be a little pushed until about Monday night. I'm still taking stock of how everything has fared as I only got back last night and had to go to work today. Some things haven't quite done as well as I'd hoped (cucumbers/tomatoes/celery) whilst others seem to have gone mad (runner beans/beetroot/marrows) but hopefully there'll be a few gold medals (oooops sorry....I have Olympic fever.....I mean 'red cards') come Sunday afternoon (Hathern Show) and Monday afternoon (Leicester Show).

Tomorrow will be manic as I have all my roots to lift and wash and onions and shallots to finish tying so it's gonna be a long day.

Full match report to follow

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

trust you have had a wash, put on a clean shirt and combed your hair ready for the pics you need to take for the final instalment of g news grow to show.me i am due to go back to leics show on monday aftnoon to see the results of my dahlia exhibits

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

I didn't get there til 12 so had a bit of a rush getting all my exhibits staged in time...then realised like a lemon that I'd forgotten a couple. The organisers kindly said they would allow me to pop back and stage them so long as the judges hadn't got that far....they hadn't. What nice people!

Just done my first show at Hathern....8 firsts and 3 trophies but as usual not an awful lot of competition sadly.

p.s. Hull are spawny b*stards!

Anonymous said...

congratulations. just got back from leicester show. your name was everywhere. most impressive was your basket of mixed vegs. i picked up a 1st for my sir alf ramsey dahlia

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Must have missed you mate....we didn't get there until 3ish. I must give a special mention (under threat of death!)to Leesa who actually put the basket together......she comes in very handy when a bit of creativeness is required.

See you at Seagrave I hope?

Cheers
Simon

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

p.s.....just realised what a cheeky sod you are....comb my hair indeed! I have even less hair than you!