Search This Blog

Monday, August 25, 2008

Best in Show!




How pleased am I tonight? Not only have Man U won on their bogey ground (at Portsmouth....watch it Hull....we're coming after you!) but my parsnips won the award for best vegetable exhibit and best overall exhibit at Leicester Show. A top grower at the show (Terry Leach) told me that they were good enough for 'National level'.




I really am as chuffed as chuffed can be! I needed 7 parsnips for this weekend's 2 shows and only needed to pull 7....they were all as alike as peas in a pod, and needed very little cleaning as there wasn't a blemish or a mark on them. The variety was'Pinnacle'.




I won 6 trophies this weekend and a total of 15 'red cards'. However, rest assured my success won't go to my head although I am considering charging Leesa for the privilege of sleeping with me from now on!

No comments: