Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Onions looking swell....


So far no sign of white rot. I'll be looking to harvest these by the end of July and so I'll be measuring them daily from the middle of the month and harvesting them over a period of time when they reach a size I shall settle on. Once the largest reaches that size it will be lifted in the hope that others follow over the final weeks thus making it easier to match a set. In reality this is never that easy as the bulbs will be slightly different in shape atthe base and top, but it's a starting point. I only grow 20 so I don't have much room for manouevre.

2 comments:

Veg4Show said...

Looking good. Do you lock your greenhouse by any chance?.

P.s what do you use to kill aphids? I have spent £20 trying to kill them. I have tried the classic washing up liquid aswell but hasnt worked. They are destroying my carrots as we speak lol.

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

I don't bother to lock my greenhouse.....never had any need.

I use Derris liquid and Bio Provado.....you need to alternate as they become immune if you use just one.

However, as I understand it the organic snot gobblers have succeeded in getting Derris withdrawn in the near future. Do-gooding bastards! LOL