Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Aphids are little pox ridden gits



My cabbages (Globemaster) are looking superb with little sign of any pest damage. I’ve surrounded them with green netting that keeps pigeons away and helps filter any strong winds and sunlight. I’m also growing a couple of brussel sprout plants this way (at the front of the photo) and these are also growing very well. However, I also dobbed in a few Brussels and Kilaxy cabbages elsewhere that weren’t surrounded by green netting and these have been absolutely infested with aphids. This is most strange as the aphids can surely get onto the brassicas that have the netting around them and yet they haven’t. I sprayed the one’s covered in aphids with Bio Provado a couple of nights ago and it’s amazing how quickly the plants perk up.

No comments: