Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's in the bag....



My potatoes growing in bags of peat are also now causing me a little concern as they just don’t seem to be growing too well. The foliage is looking a little pale so I’ve been giving them a nitrogen feed and they seemed to perk up a little bit but I’d have expected the foliage to be at least twice as high by now. I’m wondering whether the roots have actually managed to get through the bags into the soil as they drooped a bit during yesterday’s sunshine. I’ve put plenty of well rotted horse muck on the soil below the bags sp if they haven’t got that far they might be a bit starved in the sterile peat. Problems, problems!

2 comments:

Veg4Show said...

Hmmm the halms are looking a tad small. I havent been looking after mine but they are growing pretty good.

Glad i sprayed mine, have had pretty bad blight down this way.

Have you tried maxicrop seaweed extract as an added foliar feed? Works for me great, but as you said it may well be a root problem.

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Well you know how it is Liam....so many different veg to juggle that when you realise you have a problem it's too late to solve. I gave them a good watering last night and they've perked up a little.