Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Biblical!

Just so that the Yorkshire pudpullers don't accuse me of having soft weather conditions all year, I can quite honestly say I've never seen rain like we've had in Loughborough the last few hours. It started with daylight virtually disappearing. It was very eerie, like the end of the World. Then the rain started.....this is the view from my office window......




....then it started creeping under the door in our reception area.....





....until in seconds it was under an inch of shitty water off our yard. The gutters over the factory couldn't cope and all the electrics had to be turned off in a hurry!



Fuck knows what my veg is like. I wonder if the NVS might consider a class for rice next year?

5 comments:

Dan. said...

Ooooh !! under an inch of water eh ?
I bet you were scared.
I hate being waist deep in water too.

Paul said...

I have been nightshift this week and on Wednesday night i saw the heaviest rain ever, our yard at work was under 10" water and was near to coming in to the factory.

corny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
corny said...

The Hail stones have written off loads of cars in the Asfordby/Melton area....... Biblical storms indeed!!!!

mistyhorizon2003 said...

Possibly 'watercress' might be another good crop to grow if the flow of water keeps on coming!!