Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

140,000

Yes, that's the number of page views of this blog that has been reached during the course of today, which apparently makes me the 19,879th most read blog in the whole wide World! However, I find it incredible that there are 19,878 more interesting blogs than mine! Gutted! However, I have to admit my ranking has improved considerably since I titivated some of my headings with sexual connotations! Apparently the promise of Jennifer Lopez with her baby slurpers out is more appealing than my parsnips!

On that very subject, after a fortnight since sowing (seemed longer this season!) my first parsnips broke through the surface yesterday. I shall be keeping a close eye on the other stations and taking off the glass panes as soon as they are through. I left these on last season and some got scorched in hot weather, although there seems little chance of that happening at the moment. We've had so much rain recently I think I'll soon be developing webbed feet.....just like Yorkshiremen. I suppose they go with their webbed fingers and bingo wings.

2 comments:

Gollum said...

Webbed feet and webbed fingers eh ?
Inbeeding I suppose,but with your surname of Smith I bet your ancestors have shagged a few of your relatives in the past.
Recessive genes : The constant inbreeding of close family members : Symptoms : dwarfing,baldness and fairy feet.
And a pitiful pageview count.

Matron said...

That's a lot of page views considering we are still in the 'hungry gap'.