Search This Blog

Thursday, March 01, 2012

For hands that do dishes......


It will be another weekend of nil activity on the Smithyveg plot as I am having a weekend away with Leesa in Henley-on-Thames no less, home to the posh rowing prawn sandwich brigade. On Sunday the plan is to go down to Wiltshire to pick up 20 onion plants grown by my onion maestro friend Helen. Yesterday she sent me the photo below so I really am starting with top notch material and I need to make sure I do them justice by growing them on to a reasonable size for showing at the likes of Harrogate and Malvern. More on my plans to do that in future weeks.

In the meantime did anyone see the news that China's Paralympic team has announced it's 5-a-side team.....Sim Pul Twat, Won Lim Gon, Won Kee Eye, Fu Kin Mong and Dave Thornton. Dave is actually off work at the moment with a septic hand having got a splinter in it, and is having to have the pus drained out of it regularly. YIK. I've never mentioned it on here in the past for fear of being labelled a raging homo, but at the start of each gardening session I always try and coat my hands with an anti-septic barrier cream that I keep down the potting shed. A gardener's hands are the most precious tool he has, and without them you're pretty much incapacitated as DT is currently finding out, although it doesn't seem to stop the twat sending me abusive emails. Luckily, I've always managed to keep my hands in tip-top condition (although my ribs still throb like fuck) so I'd thoroughly recommend you all buy some barrier cream. It also stops your hands getting rough skinned and making certain other bodily acts a bit uncomfortable to say the least.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought we were having a romantic weekend away but looks like I'll be playing second fiddle to a tray of onions!

Dan said...

To the expertly grown onion plants,may I offer my condolences as you will now be subject to the Lindsey Vonn experience.

Richard W. said...

Re. your 'romantic weekend away'. Don't worry, he's taking the barrier cream.

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Actually....they'll get the full ZZ Top treatment! The onions that is.....and Leesa! Lol