Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Westminster 2011

This is fast turning in to my favourite show despite the problems associated with getting veg into the middle of London. Having spent all day Sunday lifting and preparing veg, then getting straight down to more of the same after work on Monday it was 2am before I left home. Thanks to satnav technology which I was using the first time I was able to drive straight to the RHS Lindley Hall, arriving at 4.10am. A quick offload I then drove 3/4 mile to leave my car at a pub which hires out its parking spaces at a tenner a day. Bargain at London prices.

As for the show I managed quite a few placings which has pleased me no end seeing as the welsh boys were in attendance this year, along with the regular contingent from Derbyshire.

Pick of the bunch was 2nd in the class for 5 Kestrel spuds, behind Sherie Plumb of course!



I entered a collection of 6 (won by Jim Thompson) and came 4th but was more than happy with how my stuff compared, my leeks, celery and parsnips in particular. I even had a couple of bonus wins for chilli peppers (me and Dan have the country conquered!) and in a highly popular cylindrical beet class, although I forgot to get a photo of them.

Leesa came down on the train and we had a stroll along the south bank followed by a meal....outside.....in short sleaves......on the 4th October. Unbelievable! War museum today then back to the show to load up. I'll make sure I get a photo of my superb beet!!

1 comment:

rayden said...

well done Simon,great pictures more please x