Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Imperial War Museum

We spent the best part of today at this marvellous (and free!) museum and only saw a fraction of what was on display. Well worth a visit just to see the Spitfire suspended from the roof.

Just had time to get back to the show and take a pic of my winning cylindrical beet and Scottish Branch's winning collection of 10, put up by Jim Pearson one of the funniest men alive!

All in all a good show for me, winning 14 tickets in all which is proof of my continuing progress in the game. Only Derby now at the end of the month then time to give my aching back a few months well deserved rest.

6 comments:

rayden said...

peas at this time of the year!! thats scotland for you i suppose. have you ever been to the museum at RAF Cosford? if you enjoyed the imperial museum you would like cosford, very good cold war display, scary didnt realise how close to another major war we were then!
and another well done for all your tickets, Ray is well into planning and ripping the garden apart for next year, he is 72 on saturday but he never acts his age :)

paul said...

Well done Simon.

Marcus said...

Great result Simon, especially in the coloured spuds, well done. Didn't make it there in the end.

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Can't believe Ray is that old! We reckoned he was at least ten years younger than that! Mind you i'm often mistaken for late twenties myself!

Never benn to Cosford but will put it on my 'to do' list!

Richard W. said...

Mind you i'm often mistaken for late twenties myself!

I'm rarely lost for words, but there's a first for every thing.

Unknown said...

nice beet well done
passed the sign for Loughborough last night put my foot down